Following on from our Car Detailing page where we guide you through our different stages of detailing a car we thought we would give you a few tips that might help you if you decide to detail your car yourself.
1) If your car has not been washed for a whlie and is heavily soiled with such things like diesel fumes you might find that a normal car shampoo is not strong enough to clean the car, in this case you may want to use a degreaser but only do one panel at a time because if you leave the degreaser on the paint work for to long then you may stain the paint work. Try to avoid applying the degreaser to the paint work if it is hot like on a hot summers day, in this case hose the paint work down first to cool it down.
2) If you drive through road works and notice that you have tar splashed around the bottom of the car you can remove this by using a general purpose thinners on a soft cloth .
3) If you notice you have overspray on your car you can remove this by using a clay bar, if you have paint overspray on your car you need to find out if the paint is water based or solvent based. You can still use the clay bar if its water based but if its solvent based then you may need to use a general purpose thinner. You can use the clay bar on the paint work and windows but not the rubbers or plastic.
4) When polishing a new car you may want to move the polishing pad in a left to right motion so to avoid leaving swirl marks.
5) If your wheel arches have plasic covers on them you can spray them with tyre shine instead of using a spray can.
6) Do not let any spills to dry for to long on the seats and carpets , try to clean them up asap, the longer they are left the harder they will be to remove especially on the roof lining.
7) If you have leather seats you should apply a leather conditioner frequently to stop the leather from drying out and cracking.
8) Avoid using window cleaner on old window tint as this may result in the tint coming off.
We hope these tips have been of help in detailing your car.
Thanks for the awesome job on the car, highly recommend, Cheers
My car is sooooo clean, thanks again, see you in a few months im sure.
Thanks Jonathan for coming out on a Sunday to detail my car Regards
Thanks very much jonathan, Two beautiful jobs. regards
I just want to say thank you for the wonderful service i received from AABA Detailing , i was so pleased with the end result my car looks fabulous, inside and out. I will be recommending your service to my friends and associates - Keep up the great work.
Just wanted to say thanks for the great job you did on my car. Thanks again.
Dear AABA, Just a quick note to let you know how pleased i was with your service
Awesome job on my car, thankyou.
Just a quick note to say thanks for a great job. All the best
Its so refreshing dealing with someone who provides such an honest service, i will be sure to recommend you. Kind regards
Hi Jonathan Just a quick email to say thank you for the awesome job you did on detailing my car, i am wrapped with the outcome and will
Jonathan , thank you so much for yesterday morning . My car looks amazing!!!
Just wanted to say thanks again for the great job you did on my Toyota. It looks like new, will be in touch soon to discuss doing the other three. Happy days
Hi Jonathan Thanks for doing a great job on my car regards
"Thank you AABA Detailing for the effort you put in making our F250 look stunning. We are very pleased with the end result. You took it from a plain old work truck to a dazzling modern ute to be admired and cared for. It looks like new. Have had comments from others and were happy to pass on AABA Detailings details. Very, very satisfied."
Thank's Jonathan my friend will be really happy with her car.
OMG....that looks sick as the kids would call it !!! :) Thanks
We were first recommended to AABA Detailing by a friend who had used them for some time and had been happy with the results. We found Jon very helpful in the advice that he gave us and were amazed at the results. We would have no hesitation in recommending AABA Detailing to anyone who wanted a vehicle detailed. The results truly speak for themselves
Thank you so much, Jonathan the car is awesome kind regards